Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe
- 1-1/2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 teaspoon super-fine sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- lemon twist
2. Pour in citrus vodka, sugar and the juice of half a lemon.
3. Shake and set aside.
4. Rim the outside of a cocktail glass with sugar and pour in the mixture.
5. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Lemon Drop Cocktail with Limonello
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 strips lemon peel
- 3 cups limoncello, chilled
- 6 ounces vodka, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 7 to 8 lemons)
1. Combine sugar, 1/4 cup water, and lemon peel in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and steep for 5 minutes. Remove peel and reserve. Refrigerate syrup until completely cool.
2. In a 2-quart pitcher, combine lemon syrup, limoncello, vodka, and lemon juice; stir and divide among six 8-ounce glasses. Garnish with a reserved lemon peel skewered on a toothpick.
recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart