Sparkling Pomegranate Punch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 bottles (750 ml) sparkling wine, chilled
- 3/4 cup white wine, such as Riesling chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Ice cubes, for serving
- 3 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups plain or raspberry-flavored light rum
- 1 cup cassis or cranberry liqueur
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Pomegranate seeds, frozen green grapes, or kiwi slices, for garnish.
2. In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cups juice mixture and 1 cup ice cubes. Blend until slushy. Pour into large martini or wine glasses; garnish as desired. Repeat with remaining juice.