Oct 19, 2012

Romantic First Dance Wedding Songs

Did you have a romantic first dance wedding song? Or did you let cute and quirky be your guide? I still don't know why my lovely daughter Danielle chose Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" to dance with her adoring Dad, but the two of them loved the lyrics so well, who was I to rain on their parade. "At Last" released by Etta James in 1960 appears to be one of the most popular first dance songs in America, followed closely by Frank Sinatra's soulful ballad, "The Way You Look Tonight." 

Oh yeah yeah
You smiled, you smiled
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
for you are mine...

At Last

mother and son first dance

  • At Last     Etta James
  • The Way You Look Tonight     Frank Sinatra
  • Can't Help Falling In Love     Elvis Presley
  • Amazed     Lonestar
  • It Had To Be You     Harry Connick Jr.
  • In My Life     Beatles
  • From This Moment On     Shania Twain
  • Here and Now     Luther Vandross
  • Love Me Tender     Elvis Presley
  • Endless Love     Dianna Ross and Lionel Richie
  • Unforgettable     Nat King Cole
  • Thank You For Loving Me     Bon Jovi
  • There You'll Be     Faith Hill
  • My Valentine     Paul McCartney
  • You and I     Stevie Wonder
  • Come Away With Me     Norah Jones
  • I Only Have Eyes For You     The Flamingoes
  • You Are My First, My Last, My Everything     Barry White
  • You Are So Beautiful     Joe Cocker
  • Grow Old With Me     Mary Chapin Carpenter
Don't Miss!

No comments: