Oct 26, 2013

5 Breathtakingly Beautiful Wedding Vows

Beautiful wedding vows like these - would you believe they took all day to write? All describe how I felt (and still do) about the blue eyed Italian American man I married on that warm December day in San Pedro many years ago. When writing your own vows, consider using beautiful descriptive words like cherished, devoted, adored and blessed. Please feel free to use mine, combine or rearrange them to suit your needs.

wedding vows

What a beautiful day to be married to my best friend.  A friend that comforts and cares for me, and wants to spend a lifetime loving me.  All my dreams have come true today.  Here you stand before me with a warm heart and open hands, ready to commit to our everlasting love.  I am happy, I am humbled.  We stand here in the presence of our loving family and friends, anticipating the joy of our new life together.  From this day forward, may my constant love and devotion nourish and sustain you always.

I thank God for the day you walked into my life.  Because of you, my days and nights are filled with hope and happiness.  Take my hand, as we begin this journey together and take my heart, so that I may love you deeply and with abandon.  Your joys are my joys and your sorrows are mine too.  The days of being alone are gone.  Let us cherish this day, this golden moment, this sacred celebration with beloved family and friends.  I give you my heart.  Together we are one. 

Today I offer myself to you as husband/wife.  With my whole heart, I embrace our future together - the joys as well as the sorrows - and stand beside you today and every day.  You are my friend.  You are my one true love.  I see hope and happiness in your eyes.  I thank God he brought you into my life, to love and to cherish, to comfort and encourage.  You are a greater gift than I ever dreamed of, and I promise to walk beside you, care for you, respect you and love you always.

From the day we met, I knew you were the one.  You understood what was cute and what was quirky and you loved me for it anyway.  I saw in your eyes that I was loved, loved in a way I had never been before.  By your many kindnesses I saw that you adored your family and mine.  By your tender devotion to your father and mother, I knew your love knew no bounds.  You are unselfish, loving, loyal, tender and trustworthy.  Your deep love is as solid as the earth beneath my feet.  Let us go forth, living and loving together - now and forever.

Today we are blessed.  Blessed to come from our loving families and under the eyes of God, pledge our love and devotion for each other.  Your love has been a gift that came unexpectedly and changed my life forever.  Always a great friend and listener, something deep in my heart said you were the one.  I promise to love you and protect you, accept and cherish your family as my own.  Let us walk together, side by side, and I promise to be faithful and true to you forevermore.  

No comments: