Three simple ingredients - Oreo cookies, cream cheese and semi-sweet baking chocolate, lovingly shaped into (42 one inch) walnut-sized balls and dipped in light chocolate or dark.
If you want to cut down on the calories and fat content, use low fat cream cheese (nearly 90% of the calories from regular cream cheese comes from fat - the saturated kind - so steer clear whenever possible.)
You'll never notice the difference in taste, I promise you.
Refrigerate truffles up to one hour before dipping in semi-sweet, white or dark melted chocolate. Who wouldn't want to serve (or snack on) a decadent dessert as easy and elegant as these no-bake chocolate truffles.
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
2. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
3. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover chocolate truffles in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.