- 1 package (9 oz) devil's food cake mix
- 2 packages (3.9 oz each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (12-1/4 oz) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 package (7-1/2 or 8 oz) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
1. Prepare and bake chocolate cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
2. Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place half of the cubes in a 3 quart glass trifle bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and English toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving.