- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- Grated peel and juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello
2. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove to cooling rack.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese (room temperature is best) and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in powdered sugar and Limoncello until mixed. Continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Frost cupcakes and garnish with fresh lemon slices if desired