- Collect any glass vase - clear ones work very well - that have a hobnail, striped or scalloped pattern.
- Clean the entire surface with soap and water. Use a toothbrush to clean if it has an intricate or cut-glass pattern. Let glass dry completely.
- In a well-ventilated area, set your vases 6 inches or more apart on newspaper or old shower curtain.
- Using a shiny white glass paint such as Krylon, shake the can well and spray vases working from side to side. Spraying too close will cause drips and runs. Don't worry about the inside of the vase. Just spray enough to cover the tops.
- Rotate the vases until every spot is covered. Wait about 15 minutes and then give them a second coat. You've just made the magic happen by turning a dollar store glass vase into a magnificent milk glass style vase!