- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4.5 ounce) packages chocolate covered thin mints
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, and stir into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate the dough for one hour or longer.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven and be careful not to over bake. When cookies come out of the oven, Press one Andes mint wafer into the top of each cookie and let sit for 1 minute. When the mint is softened, swirl with the back of a spoon or knife to make a pattern with the green filling of the mint wafer. For smaller cookies, break mints in half. Makes 3 to 4 dozen mouth wateringly delicious mint chocolate cookies.