- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or 1 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree - I use Libby's brand
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Using a teaspoon as your guide, drop onto baking sheets; flatten slightly.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cookies cool completely and then drizzle glaze on top.
To Make Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add a tiny bit more milk if needed, to achieve desired consistency.