Mar 10, 2016

Glitter Mason Jars with Cutout Hearts

Unlike every bride from Boston to Baton Rouge, I was really on the fence about glitter Mason jars. Didn't I goof off with glitter in the third grade and get more in my hair than I did on my handprint? But now - suddenly I see the value. And when I say value, I mean one case of 12 glass Mason jars - one pint - sells for about $15.00 on Amazon. (Although the ones shown below are half that size.) Modge Podge, ribbons and glitter, are available everywhere. Even Martha Stewart sells her own brand of fine iridescent glitter in must-have-or-die sounding shades of Florentine Gold, Fire Opal and Lapis Lazuli. Add tiny white tea lights, and you can cast a warm and welcoming glow over the entire room for less than five dollars each.

Here’s what you need to make these DIY glitter votives.
  • half pint glass Mason jars
  • foam heart or other shape
  • painter's tape
  • Modge Podge
  • paint brush
  • ribbons
  • regular or battery operated tea lights
 
Many thanks to our friends at Mason Jar Crafts Love
Check out all of their easy-to-follow
 Mason Jar Tutorials.

No comments: