May 2, 2017

Hopelessly Romantic Love Quotes

Hopelessly romantic love quotes, here are a few of my favorites. I start and finish with a love sick man from a hundred or so years ago - considered by some to be the greatest American writer of the 20th century - F. Scott Fitzgerald. He was inspired by a woman both beautiful and broken, but couldn't love her enough to keep her personal demons away. Although he wrote The Great Gatsby, almost always number one on the list of the greatest American novels of all time, he considered himself a failure at the end of his life. He was anything but. A great and talented writer, a devoted lover and author of some of the most beautiful love quotes then or now.

Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald
They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.  F. Scott Fitzgerald

In case you ever foolishly forget:  I am never not thinking of you.  Virginia Woolf

My heart talks about nothing but you.  Albert Camus

We were together.  I forgot the rest.  Walt Whitman

He's more myself than I am.  Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.  Emily Bronte

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.  William Shakespeare

The best thing to hold onto in love is each other.  Audrey Hepburn

I love you, and that's the beginning and end of everything.  F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: